“Spend one hour with a master,
then an inspiration my whole life.”
Spiritual mentoring connects young people interested in a future path with elders who have been on that path. It passes inspiration from one generation to the next.
Your path may be a professional track, a life goal, or a deep interest. This mentoring is not about academic or religious training, it does not involve tutoring or teaching, and it has nothing to do with any school program or curriculum.
To bring together someone who has found purpose with another who is wondering about theirs. To add meaning to both people’s lives through authentic, inspired communication.
Spiritual mentoring is a communion between one person traveling a path with another at the crossroads. It is people coming together to reflect on things that matter.
Read “Connecting Young People with Spiritual Mentors” at the Hudson Valley Parent blog.
I will help locate an elder with experience in a young person’s area of interest, and who is willing to talk about their experience. The meetings I will help arrange require no commitment beyond showing up and acting responsibly. You may have just a single meeting, or you might have more if that can be arranged.
I am soliciting youth and elders interested in helping each other. I’ll introduce one to the other where there is a match. This service is free.
I have the following guidelines:
If you are a young person, or someone looking for a mentor:
- Submit your contact information and your interest through the Mentee Info Form. Tell me what you think you might gain from a mentor.
- Inform your parents of your interest in meeting a mentor. Your parents must approve beforehand any meeting that I help arrange.
- I will discuss with you any potential mentor and get your approval before making any introductions.
- Please cc me any text (845-594-7578) or email correspondence you have with your mentor.
- Contact me after every meeting to tell me what happened.
- I would like to meet you before introducing you to anyone.
If you are an elder, or someone with real insight that you can share to benefit another:
- Submit your contact information through the Mentor Info Form, explain your experience, and what you can offer.
- Please provide three references whom I can call.
- I will discuss with you any potential mentee and get your approval before making any introductions.
- Please cc me any text or email correspondence you have with your mentee.
- Contact me after every meeting to apprise me of the outcome.
- I would like to meet with you once before I introduce you to anyone.
Contact me for more information:
Lincoln Stoller, PhD, CHt, CCPCP-r
LS ( at ) mindstrengthbalance ( dot ) com